Durham Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys
Dedicated Legal Representation for Victims of Severe Injuries Throughout North Carolina
The spinal cord is one of the body’s most important systems, communicating messages from the brain to the rest of the body. When the spinal cord is injured, it can result in changes the victim’s life forever. Not only does a back injury or neck injury sometimes result in partial or full paralysis, the victim is also frequently left with mountains of medical bills. We want to help you seek justice for your spine injury, and help you obtain maximum compensation for your pain and suffering. Our Durham back injury and neck injury lawyers at Kornbluth Ginsberg Law Group, P.A. can help hold the individual or company responsible for their actions.
Contact a qualified spinal cord injury lawyer in Durham at Kornbluth Ginsberg Law Group, P.A. to speak with a spinal cord injury attorney in Durham, NC. We accept calls 24/7 at (919) 336-1932 and can help you fight for a spinal cord injury settlement.
What Are the Main Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries?
Spinal cord injuries can occur due to various causes, and they often result from traumatic events. The primary causes of spinal cord injuries include:
- Car wrecks or other motor vehicle accidents are a leading contributor to spinal cord injuries, often causing significant damage due to the forceful impacts or sudden jolts that may happen during the accident.
- Falls are a common cause of spinal cord injuries, particularly among older adults. These injuries can result from trips or falls from elevated surfaces like ladders or stairs, as well as slips on slippery surfaces.
- Incidents involving violence, such as gunshots or knife attacks, can result in spinal cord injuries. These injuries may occur during altercations, assaults, or in cases of intentional harm.
- Certain types of sports, like football, rugby, diving, and extreme sports, carry a risk of spinal cord injuries. Collisions, falls, or high-impact forces during these activities can lead to spinal cord damage.
- Spinal cord injuries may also be caused by medical conditions. Non-traumatic causes, such as tumors, infections, inflammation, or degenerative diseases, can result in spinal cord injuries. These conditions can compress or damage the spinal cord over time.
It's important to note that while these may be some of the main causes of spinal injuries, each case is unique, and the specific circumstances surrounding a spinal cord injury may vary. Seeking medical attention and consulting with a healthcare professional is crucial for accurate diagnosis, treatment, and guidance for individuals with spinal cord injuries.
Do I Need a Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer in Durham?
The reason a personal injury attorney is your best advocate is because they can help you get the compensation you need to pay your medical bills along with compensation for pain and suffering and other damages. Spinal cord injuries are often expensive to treat. Victims often need intensive short-term medical care, as well as ongoing physical therapy and treatment from a spinal care specialist on a longer-term basis. Some spinal cord injury victims even need round-the-clock care and are unable to perform the duties of a full-time work position. These enormous financial burdens are a good reason to secure legal assistance from a Durham spinal injury attorney who is familiar with personal injury law and can help you secure financial compensation from the person or company responsible for your injury.
Is a Herniated Disc a Spinal Cord Injury?
While some herniated discs can occur as a result of aging and gradual disc degeneration, herniated discs can also occur as a result of a serious accident. If allowed to go too long without treatment, a herniated disc can also lead to serious spinal cord damage on a permanent basis. If you believe your herniated disc was a result of an accident caused by someone else's negligence, our firm may be able to help you.
Compensation for Spinal Cord Injury Victims
A successful spinal injury lawsuit may be able to help you recover compensation for the following:
- Medical expenses: Your current and future medical bills resulting from a spine injury may be recovered for expenses such as hospital bills, prescription medications, doctor visits, physical therapy, and so on.
- Lost wages: If your injuries prevent you from working, either short or long-term, you are entitled to financial compensation.
- Pain and suffering: A severe back and neck injury causes lasting physical pain and mental anguish. You may be able to recover monetary damages for these conditions.
- Wrongful death: If your loved one’s spinal cord injury resulted in death, then a wrongful death lawsuit may be sought against the responsible party.
Every year, thousands of people suffer from a spinal cord injury, according to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center. Many of these victims are unaware that if their injury was caused by the negligent actions of another, they may be entitled to financial compensation. Don’t hesitate to contact our Durham spinal injury attorneys for a free, confidential case consultation. Whether your injury was caused by a negligent driver, an unsafe work environment, or something else, we're here to help.