Durham, NC Burn Injury Lawyers
Seriously Burned in an Accident? Call Kornbluth Ginsberg Law Group, P.A. for Legal Help
If you’ve suffered a burn injury, you know firsthand that it causes permanent physical and psychological scars. In just a few moments, an accident occurs from the actions of a negligent or reckless person, and your life changes forever. Many victims of burn injuries were involved in a car accident that started a fire, or a construction site accident with electrical issues. Some victims experience burn injuries from spilled hot liquids. No matter the cause of your burn injury, if it was caused by another’s negligence, you deserve justice for your pain and suffering.
What Are the Common Causes of Burn Injuries?
Burn injuries occur when the body comes into contact with heat, electricity, radiation, or chemicals, resulting in damage. These injuries can arise from various sources, including scalding liquids or hot steam, open flames, electrical currents, exposure to the sun and ultraviolet rays, and even intentional harm.
Common causes of burn injuries include:
- Car and truck accidents
- Construction site accidents
- Defective products, such as malfunctioning appliances or equipment that emits heat or electricity
- Negligence or defective wiring leading to fires in homes, businesses, or apartment buildings
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals in manufacturing processes or workplaces
- Electrical shock from faulty wiring, outlets, or other electrical systems
Burn injuries may involve:
- Thermal burns: Caused by fire, steam, hot liquids, or other heat sources
- Light burns: Caused by exposure to ultraviolet light
- Chemical burns: Caused by contact with acids, alkalis, or explosions
- Radiation burns: Caused by exposure to radiation
What Are the Different Degrees of Burn Injuries?
Burn injuries are commonly classified into four degrees based on their severity:
- First-degree burns: These affect only the outer layer of the skin, resulting in redness and mild pain.
- Second-degree burns: These penetrate the outer layer of skin and affect the underlying dermis, causing severe pain, swelling, and blistering.
- Third-degree burns: Affecting all layers of the skin and some underlying tissues, these burn injuries can cause intense pain and often require a skin graft to replace destroyed tissue.
- Fourth-degree burns: These burns are the most severe and extend through all layers of the skin, underlying tissues, and can reach bones and organs. They cause extensive damage and can be life-threatening.
What Should I Do If I Have Suffered a Burn Injury?
If you have sustained a burn injury due to someone else's negligence or recklessness, it is crucial to seek legal assistance promptly. At the Kornbluth Ginsberg Law Group, P.A., our experienced attorneys represent injured victims and help them obtain the compensation they deserve for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages related to their burn injuries.
We understand that no amount of money can reverse what has occurred, but we are dedicated to pursuing justice on your behalf. Contact Kornbluth Ginsberg Law Group, P.A., today for a free consultation to discuss your burn injury case. We will help you hold those responsible for your severe burn injury accountable, and we will strive to secure the maximum compensation available under the law.
If you sustained burn injuries from an accident and are now facing extreme medical bills, you may be legally entitled to damages for your pain and suffering. Contact our Durham burn injury attorneys today at (919) 336-1932 for a free consultation.
The Cost of Burn Injuries
Burns can cause significant scarring, disfigurement, and disability. Repeat infections and delayed wound healing can further add to mounting medical expenses. Other common burn complications include chronic pain issues, inhalation injuries, and corneal injuries. Burn victims frequently suffer from depression due to their appearance and require psychotherapy to cope.
To further complicate financial problems, severe burn injuries often mean lost wages from the inability to work. All these ongoing medical expenses and the inability to bring in a steady income can be overwhelming.
Burn injuries are frequently traumatic and expensive to treat. If you are a victim of a person or company whose carelessness caused your burn injuries, you’ll need an experienced personal injury lawyer to help you gain the compensation you’re entitled to from the responsible party.
We can help you gain the financial compensation you need to pay medical bills and cover your lost wages. Our burn injury lawyers in Durham, NC are here to answer your questions and fight for the full fair compensation you are entitled to.
Are you looking to sue the party responsible for your burn injuries? Contact us today at Kornbluth Ginsberg Law Group, P.A. at (919) 336-1932 for a free consultation.